SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS
BASED ON THE 17 SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS (SDGs) SET BY THE UNITED NATIONS (UN) FOR ITS 2030 AGENDA
12 SUCH GOALS APPLY TO OUR BUSINESS
We are committed to reducing as much as possible our activities’ impact on the environment in order to ensure sustainable growth for our business.
Our goals are to :
• Continue to have a sustainable impact locally and on communities by investing in the education and raising awareness of the younger generations (SDGs 4, 11 and 13)
• Continually improve our energy efficiency (SDGs 6, 9, 12, 14 and 15)
• Aim for excellence in the sustainable production of our products by favouring local purchases and high-quality woods (SDGs 1, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 14 and 15)
• Encourage the local economy (SDGs 1, 8 and 10)
• Be and remain a prime employer by offering good working conditions and ensuring equity among employees (SDGs 1, 4, 5, 8 and 10)
• Pursue our efforts as an inclusive business (SDGs 5, 8 and 10)
• Support our employees in their acquisition of new skills in their personal development (SDGs 5, 8 and 10)
• Develop sustainable marketing practices (SDGs 1, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14 and 15)
Our commitments fall under the three pillars of sustainable development: ecology, economy and social
Our suppliers: Cayaki makes a point of honor in the selection of its raw materials. The wood we transform into burnt wood comes from local forests managed in a sustainable way. Encouraging the use of local products allows the company to support the development of the local economy.
Our means of transportation: We manage our supplies in order to optimize the transportation of our goods from the place of cutting and primary processing to our factory. The impact of transport upstream of the finished product is therefore very low (less than 250 km). Doing business with local foresters and sawmills gives us continuous product traceability. We do not import woods from overseas. Furthermore, the CO2 emissions emitted during transportation are offset by the planting of trees in our province. We aim to limit the number of intermediaries between our products and customers in order to reduce the GHG emissions from our supply chain.
Supply chain & shipping example: